Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dodging puddles

Wow did it rain last week!  Didn't commute on my bike even once...bummer....

Seriously though, it rained so much for San Diego...it was pretty cool.  The best part was though that I had the awesome 960 Express bus to grab to get up to work and back.  I walk about 12-13 mins to catch it, which is pretty nice, usually.  On Thursday morning, at 6:35 when I leave for work, it was coming down buckets.  So....I walked next to some buildings to help with the blowing rain.  Didn't help much..

Funny though...it was STILL ok being car-free.  Really.  I got a ride home from work on Monday from a co-worker.  I started to sort of panic about walking to the bus in the rain, and the walk from the busstop to home again.  Then after I got home I thought, "this is silly....it's just rain."  So, I took the bus the rest of the week. 


View from bus stop at about sunset, in a lull between rain bursts.


My rule for riding in this is: If the roads are wet....I'm bussing it.  I don't have the confidence to ride while it's real wet.  And, it's just a risk I'm not willing to take.  There are enough hazards, mostly crazy car drivers, that to worry about a slick road isn't for me.

Having said that...I'm very excited that it is crystal clear blue sky this morning, and tomorrow looks good for a bike commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment