Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's morning bike ride




That is not my picture by the way.  I forgot to take a pic while I was out this morning riding.  This one is from a biking forum I follow. 

I just took a short ride, 35-40 minutes, around the neighborhood, from Normal Heights, over to Hillcrest.  What a beautiful morning!  New Year's Day...9:30 a.m. temp was 63 degrees...and sunny....

I only rode to work once this week, on Monday...Tuesday I was too tired, hadn't slept well...and then Wednesday and Thursday were wet, so I rode the bus.  I really was craving getting back on the bike today.  That feels good to want to be on it.

Bike-wise this weekend I'm buying a better, brighter, more expensive ($!$!) front light.  I am more confident riding at night, as I wrote in a previous post.  But still...my present light really isn't as bright as I want.  It became very apparant this week when the bulb died, and I had to rely on my "blinky" light.  No thanks.

The one I am probably going to buy is from this company, they look sooooo cool.  And bright!
Seriously though, I did read a lot about them on some of the bike forums I've been following.

On a different note... best book I've read in ages in ON PAROLE.  I loved another book of his, SHIPWRECKS, and this one was equally as good, despite being very different.  Check both out.

No comments:

Post a Comment