Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bus musings


Bus, el autobus, el camión, l'autobus, el guagua...no matter how you say it...it means BUS.  And it is such an easy way to get around.  

I have had so many good experiences with mass transit recently here in SD.  It makes me wish that other people weren't so afraid of learning how the bus/trolley system works. 

I had to run several errands today...and, bam!  A $5 day pass got me where I was going so easily....Rode my bike down to Velo Cult in South Park for a tune-up.  From there grabbed the bus back up closer to home.  Then over to a friend's house who is out of town...I'm checking his mail, etc.  Then home....

And in a bit, I'm heading over to Hillcrest, about two miles, to the Trader Joe's. 

All for five bucks.  How easy is that? 

I'm thinking back to when I started this car-free experience...the bus system did intimidate me to some extent.  It had been years since I needed to use it.   I remember even being a bit self-conscious about standing there waiting. 

But, with the easy of the web, sites like googlemaps to find the quickest bus route to and from where you're going, when the next one is, etc....and now, with the iPhone....oh la la....SO FRICKIN' EASY!  The gps in the phone finds where you are, and you give it where you want to go...and bang!  Directions, schedules etc...Très cool....

Ride the bus.  Get off the grid...even if it's just a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment