Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Sunday ride

Just got in from a BEAUTIFUL Sunday ride with my friend Dan.  We ended up doing 14.74 miles, which on a day off from bike commuting was pretty good!  I mapped it out just now using MAPMYRIDE.  That site can be used for biking...and they have sisters sites for running, among other activities.  I have an app for it on my phone which I haven't used yet.  I'll test it out tomorrow on the way to work to see how accurate it is.  There's something about seeing what I've just ridden on a map, with distance, etc that is very high on the cool scale.

We stopped to take a few pics I wanted to share:

Florida Canyon....The yellow wildflowers are breathtaking....Rolling beds of them all over the place.


Another Florida Canyon shot, heading south.


And another, going up one of the many running trails.


Over to the neighborhood of Mission Hills.  You can see thru the tree a few skyscrapers of downtown San Diego.


Mission Hills for this pic as well.  Thru the trees you can see the houses on the other side of this grove of trees, bushes and shrubs.


So many people out today, walking, running, biking.  The ride thru Balboa Park was fantastic...families, couples, friends...volleyball games, flag football games.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR IN SAN DIEGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment