Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Broken Spokes...

That sounds like a really cool band name...Broken Spokes...Almost as cool as the band name Dysphagia that my co-workers and I talk about starting....hahaha....(complete joke that has taken on a very lively life of its own now after a year of talk, etc...)

So....yesterday morning on the way to work, going down Texas St,.....I got to the bottom, and was just turning onto CDR South, and I heard a loud POP!  I am new to biking, bike commuting, and car free goings about.....but I knew that POP was bad....I actually have discovered that I prefer going UP Texas instead of DOWN Texas...can't believe I just said that, but it's true, and that's an entirely different blog entry....

I couldn't see the broken spokes, but could tell easily that the wheel was warbly.  (my new favorite word, even though apparently my usage is wrong here according to numerous sites I just checked...ack!)

Anyway....I got a ride to work (thanks Christy!!!) and a ride home (thanks Chad!!!).  The whole reason for this post is that, I was not only car-free but also bike-less for the rest of the day....but I wasn't all wigged out about it.  I knew it was still the right thing to be doing, it would all work out...and before long I'll have a nice new bike to enjoy.  Pretty cool to feel that.

And on top of all that...I ended up getting a new rear wheel..done on the spot while I waited, when I took it to Velo Cult in South Park.  Awesome place by the way,  that I discovered by chance....when I was actually on my way to the coffee shop around the corner...before I had any intention at all of giving up my car and riding everywhere.

Another good day.  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment