Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Selling the car


Meeting today with the potential car buyer for my old Buick Regal.  Mabel as I call it....that was the name my Dad always used when he didn't know a woman's name....always makes me smile to call the car that.

I've been commuting to work since August 21st....two days a week, then three, now up to four.  This coming week is first week for five days.  Amid various set backs with the bike....rear tire exploding on the way to work one day, brake cable breaking and almost crashing into a car (albeit at about 1 mph, still scary), and then another big car repair...I feel good about selling it and going car free.  Nervous, but good.

Great quote from Pema Chödrön:
FEAR IS A NATURAL REACTION TO MOVING CLOSER TO THE TRUTH. 
If you don't know her, check out some of her books, lectures....WHEN THINGS FALL APART is a great one to start with....

No comments:

Post a Comment