Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend bike riding


 

I really like doing my errands on my bike.  It's such a different way to get them done on a bike compared to a car.  Today I rode over to Ralph's to pick up something, about 2 miles.  Then into Trader Joe's....picked up among other things, some amazing persimmons for only $2.49 for four of them...big and plump... then packed up my groceries...and started to head home.....and then stopped at the Hillcrest Farmer's Market.  I didn't need anything there, but I wandered thru after locking up the bike and tried some of the samples and checking out the amazing fruits and veggies, and other people wandering around too....Then...a nice smooth cruise home, backpack full....errands done.  Perfect.

Locking my bike up outside of TJ's was pretty frickin' cool...there were 7 bikes already locked up!  That really gets me going...seeing other people into it as well.  Then when I came out of the store to leave, I got into a conversation with a couple that was also unlocking their bikes.  That kind of instant connection because of the bikes has happened a lot.  LOVE IT.

Wanted to take a pic of the bikes all locked up, but ended up talking and didn't remember till about half way home...

The pic here is me on the way to work right after sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment