Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Nothing about bikes

I can't resist posting this. This is nothing to do with bikes.  It's a clip from an opera, THE CONSUL, that I saw last summer in upstate NY, at the Glimmerglass Opera Festival.

The clip is actually from a 1960 tv production, and the black & white adds to the darkness and austerity of the story.  Quickly...the story is post WWII, some unnamed country in Eastern Europe...and the main character is Magda...who is at the Consulate, trying to get an exit visa...and is denied over and over....in the clip I've got here, she loses it when the secretary asks her ONE MORE TIME to fill in the appropriate papers.

Please take a few minutes and watch this....;o)  Here's the link:  TO THIS WE'VE COME.

Now that I think of this...this does have something to do with bikes!  It was on this trip this summer that my friend Timmy got me to commit to doing my first commute to work on bike when I got back to San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment