Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Flat tire syndrome

I didn't ride to work for a week, due to rain, car rental for a weekend trip, blah blah blah...

I was so excited about riding Monday this week...Sunday night I got everything ready, clothes, food for the day...and during the day on Sunday I had checked batteries on my lights, air in my tires...

It was such a nice morning...and about 15 minutes into the ride......psssssssssssss....
that is the sound of the air coming out of my back tire.  SHEEZE!!!!




Funny though...the major emotion was just disappointment.  Not anger.  Not being overwhelmed.    Disappointed that I couldn't keep riding on such an awesome morning.  Disappointed that I couldn't enjoy that post-ride feeling at work for a few hours that always is so awesome.  Just disappointed. 

I talked to my friend Timmy who has been a huge supporter of this car-free endeavor....and when I told him about the two friends, Christy and Chad, who were helping with rides, pick me up after the flat, and a ride to the bike shop to get it fixed....he said the most intense comment...."you sure do have a lot of support with this!"  So, so, true.  I am very grateful to those friends, and the many others who've helped, with rides, or just talking with me about some of my concerns/worries, thru this whole experience.
So, thank you all!!

Went to Velo Cult again for the tire fix.  I like going there so much.  Even being the complete bike newbie that I am, I feel totally comfortable there.  Awesome.

Ready to ride tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck!  ;o)

Just sort of rediscovered this song...in the top, say, 20 of the best of the 80s songs there is....
And definitely get the long seven-minute version if you're going to download it...no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment