Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm just sayin'....

I haven't really been in the mood to sit down and write.  Now with the rain again, I'm back feeling the mood.
 

Random pic I found online.  Very cool.

I actually have been thinking about a lot of things, car free-wise....I rented a car....rode the bus several times, dealt with a lot of rain...a very random experience here in San Diego, had to get to an after work hours office xmas party....and all of it car free. 

The one thing I will talk about is the car rental.  It actually felt a little "weird" driving up to LA last weekend.  I went up to meet up with my friend Timmy who came out for an opera weekend.  While I was driving up there, I was thinking that I sort of wish I had planned, or at least investigated, what it would have been like to take the train up, then get around LA, sans the four-wheeled transport to deal with.

Then....driving thru Orange County, a pebble, rock, stone, of some sort hit my windshield!  A nice little mark, a "star" they called it at the rental place when I returned it.  Since I sold my old car I of course had canceled my insurance.  I am SOOOO glad I took out the whole insurance that they offered, so I could return it with NO hassle.  Lesson learned.

Then, sitting in LA traffic with no much time to spare to get to Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, the "needs gas" light of the rental car came on!  LOL...

My point in this is....there really are ways to get from point A to point B, without a car, almost always.  Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment